How to repair BMW F18 N52 Engine MSV90 DME BSD failure oil measurement not possible
BMW F18 5 series was commonly seen the failure, oil measure not possible, use the scanner or BMW diagnostic tool read the fault code is: CD9304-BSD communication fault. and the fault code can not be deleted.
First step is to check the cables, exclude to cables failure. measure the BSD data line voltage. If all the cables in good condition, check the DME.
If confirmed the DME failure, it can be repaired, And it’ the Continental DME MSV90 common fault.
Should be very careful to open the ECU, I have to say this ECU shell is very tough to open, especially the back side, and very easy to damaged the inner circuit board. Most people damaged the inner board via open it, and the damage can not be repaired, so must be extremely careful and slowly with lots of patient.
We all knows SUBARU spare parts is very expensive, all key lost will cost a lot, here we share the SUBARU Forester key
adapting method for all key lost.
SUBARU Smart key all key lost key adaption have two common methods:
1. Disassemble the SMT Main ECU, Use AD900 programmer to write data into Toyota smart key, it can directly start the car, No need adapting on the car again, but must use AD smart key.
2. Disassemble the SMT Main ECU, immobilizer(ESL/ELV), Write initialization data, then study the key on the car.
Here we share the second method, SUBARU Forester use 5290 smart key, Year 2013, No immobilizer, disassemble the SMT Main ECU and ELV Write initialization data and study the key.
1. Get the ELV(below steer column), disassemble the ELV module, find the 8 PIN EEPROM on the circuit board, Model No. : 93c46.
Desoldering the 93c46, use programmer and adapter read the data, make a backup first then change the code shown as below picture.
-keep the Red marked code code the same, others all change to F, When dump revised, use programmer and adapter write back to 93c46eeprom, and solder back to the circuit board.
2. Disassemble the SMT Smart ECU(back side of the A column of the car), it’s appearance is the same as Toyota except the LOGO, disassemble the shell find the 8 PIN eeprom near the CPU, EEPROM Model No. : 93C86. Disassemble the 93c86, Write initialization data, assemble back to the car, if without error the dashboard could be light up.
3. Use Key programmer add new keys directly. Use K518, X300, or I80 key programmer, connect the car OBD interface, select SUBARU, then XV smart system, direct add new key, all down, after the keys added, no need sync, directly start the car.
Volkswagen 35xx instruments cluster immo(New Jetta, New Santana, Skoda, volkswagen family the fourth generation immo manufactured after year 2013 ) all key lost adapting is an acknowledged head burn problems, many people try and then failed, here I got a new method to solve this tough problem, adapting new cars for volkswagen NEC 35xx instrument cluster all key lost.
Abstract: because the volkswagen encrypt the 35xx instrument, result in the impossible to get the immo code from the eeprom without a key, when all key lost we can not adapting new key in term of the common methods. but we can get a alternative instrument cluster unencrypted sorts such as 24c32, 24c64(smart sort), via online adaption, let the volkswagen server write the original 35xx instrument cluster data into the alternative instrument cluster 24c32 or 24c64, Ok, when this steps is down, we can use common methods to adapting 24c32 or 24c64 all key lost, because the alternative instrument cluster unencrypted, we can treat it as common all key lost case, when adapting work of 24c32 or 24c64 instrument cluster is down, we shifting back the 35xx instrument, all is down.
3. Common methods adapting new keys for 24c32 or 24c64 instruments all key lost, manually input the keys ID we record on the first step. Use VVDI2 and 35xx testing cables to adapting 24c32 or 24c64 instrument keys on bench, there will be 6 steps, 1 to 5 steps, we follow it’s notification.
4. The sixth step: VVDI2 click read immobilizer data, then the interface will display VIN, CS code, PIN code etc, all the key position is FFFFFFFF, Blank. input the keys ID manually into the first and second key position. then click write immobilizer data, the two original car key ID already been write into the eeprom.
5. Click generate the distributor keys: select the car brands and models, then select the OEM keys, select generate key1 or key2, then click generate distributor keys, down.
6. change back the original 35xx instrument cluster directly, the two keys no need study, cause their ID is the same as ID in the 35xx instrument, no need study keys the car can start with the two keys.
Note: for fear the ABS code lost, better get the ECU and instrument adapting on bench, recommend buy the dedicated 35xx test cables, no need adapting on the car, decrease the risk of code lost.