AUDI A6 Q5 ESL/ ELV Module J518 repair solution & repair kits
AUDI steer column Module – J518 is easy been damaged, it’s a common problem, when the J518 Module is failure, the following problems will occurred when insert the key:
- Steer column will not be unlocked;
- Car will not start;
- Dashboard can not be light up.
But the key can rotate normally.
- dismantle the J518 Module form the car, open it, use XPROG read the MCU, there are three kind of MCU Model exist:
Read both the flash and eeprom dump from the MCU and saved on desktop, the XPROG wiring diagram:
- Buy new MCU from www.u-obd.com, as the MCU is new and blank, use the XPROG write the dump been saved in the first step in to the new MCU, then solder back on the J518 circuit board.
- Change the Relays Model No: ACT512;
- Better change the micro switch and the ELV motor as well.
- If the J518 circuit board is burned or badly damaged, or don’t want to do time -comsuming soldering work, better change a new blank circuit board.
Attention: When change the MCU, Desoldering the MCU, please mind the small resistors beside the MCU, The hot air gun may damaged the resistor, please be carful.
if the MCU is totally damaged and can not read the dump out, ask some one to share a dump, after write into the new MCU or new blank circuit board, use device to do adapting work.
Thanks for reading! If you like it please share to more people in need.
— Steve Powell
WhatsApp/ Viber/ BBM/ Telegram: +8617154835574.